COMPOSITION FOR SODIUM CHLORIDE:
FOOD INTERACTION FOR SODIUM CHLORIDE: No interaction found
SALT INFORMATION FOR SODIUM CHLORIDE:
- Dextrose (5% V)
- Uses: Dextrose is used in short term fluid replacement after trauma
- How it works: Dextrose is a large molecular weight substance which remains restricted to the blood vessels and generates oncotic pressure (pressure produced by proteins in the blood).
- Common side effects: Thrombophlebitis
Sodium Chloride (0.9%) :
- Uses : Sodium Chloride is used in short term fluid replacement after trauma, dehydration and irrigation solution for eye/nose.
- How it works : Sodium chloride works by replacing fluid loss.
- Common side effects : Volume overload
ALCOHOL INTERACTION FOR SODIUM CHLORIDE: No interaction found
PREGNANCY INTERACTION FOR SODIUM CHLORIDE :
- Sodium chloride solution may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.
- Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS. BENEFITS
LACTATION INTERACTION FOR SODIUM CHLORIDE :
- Unknown. Human and animal studies are not available. Please consult your doctor.
Commercial, Clinical, Hospital