Why is this medicine recommended?
Fulvestrant is utilized for the treatment of hormone receptor positive breast cancer in females who have gone through menopause (change of life; ending of every month menstrual periods) and whose breast cancer has declined after they were activated with anti-estrogen medicines such as tamoxifen (Nolvadex). Fulvestrant is in a grade of medicines known as estrogen receptor antagonists. It works by hindering the activity of estrogen on cancer cells. This can drawn-out or stop the maturation of some breast tumors, which need estrogen to grow up.
How should this medicine be utilized?
Fulvestrant comes as a mixture (liquid) to be administered into a muscle in the buttocks. It is managed by a nurse or doctor in a medical office. It is normally given one time a month. You may acquire your total dose of medicament as a single injection, or the medication may be separated into two injections, which are provided one after another. Call for your doctor or druggist for a copy of the manufacturer's content for the patient.
Are there other uses for this medicine?
This medicament may be recommended for some other uses; ask the doctor for more info.
Special precautions to follow?
Before taking Fulvestrant,
- Inform the doctor and pharmacist if you are hypersensitized to fulvestrant or some other medicines.
- Inform the doctor what prescription and nonprescription drugs, nutritional supplements, vitamins and herbal products you are taking. Be sure to remark anticoagulants (blood dilutant) such as warfarin (Coumadin). The physician may want to change the dosages of your medications or supervise you cautiously for side effects.
- Inform the doctor if you have some liver disease or bleeding problems.
- Fulvestrant should only be used by women who have experienced menopause and cannot get pregnant. Nevertheless, if you are pregnant, consult the doctor before usages of the medication.
What SIDE EFFECTS can this medicine cause?
Fulvestrant may have few side effects, which are mentioned below:
- Loss of appetite
- Sore throat
- Stomach pain
- Pain in bones, back or joints
- Pain, inflammation, or puffiness in the spot where the medicament is injected.
- Swelling of the hands, ankles, feet or lower legs
- Difficulty in sleeping
- Feelings of tingling, pricking, numbness, or burning on the skin
If you are having any of these indications, contact the doctor without delay.
Fulvestrant 250 mg
Astrazeneca Pharma India
2 syringes in box